Creamy vegan chowder with the taste of the sea
This creamy vegan chowder (vegan fish soup) has the delicious salty flavors of the sea! 15 years ago I went on a trip to Northern Ireland and came into contact with fish chowders there. I went wild with this soup. Not because of the fish in it, but because of the extremely creamy texture and salty taste.
Seaspiracy, a must watch!
I have never eaten meat from the age of four, but fish from the age of 21 to my 30. Why? Good question. I thought that fish had no feeling and that eating fish would have no impact on the environment.
If you still eat fish and do you have any doubts about this? Then watch the new documentary Seaspiracy on Netflix. This movie will revolutionize the way we think and act about ocean conservation forever!
There are now a lot of fish substitutes on the market! With 2 fish substitutes from Veggiedeli I make a delicious vegan chowder. Just like the real thing, but then 100% Animal Friendly.
Previously I made the following recipes with fish substitutes:
2 packs of plant based Tuna (Good Catch Foods)
50 gram plain flour
50 grams of vegan baking butter
1 liter water
2 vegan vegetable stock cubes
2 cloves of garlic
2 stalks of celery
2 large potatoes
3 spring onion
1 can (300 grams) of corn kernels, drained
1 heaped tsp mussel and fish herbs (Old Bay Seasoning)
optional: 1 tsp of Miso
200 ml coconut milk or kitchen soy
Put some olive oil in a stockpot, finely chop the shallot, celery, zucchini and spring onion. Fry this on low heat. Cut the potatoes into small cubes and add.
- Finely chop the garlic and add it along with the mussel and fish herbs.
- Add the butter and the flour. Spoon everything until the butter has melted. Now add the water and the 2 stock cubes.
- Cut the "fish steaks" into cubes and add together with one packet of plant based Tuna.
- Add the miso and salt / pepper to taste. Keep stirring occasionally so that the potato cubes do not stick to the bottom.
- Serve with extra plant-based tuna flakes and some fresh parsley or coriander if you like!