My love for pastry goes through the stomach
Did I ever mention I am in love with pastry? Yes, lots of recipes of mine are made with pastry. I think it is brilliant! Pastry is so versatile and I love surprise packages ;).
2 'so fish filets salmon style' from the brand 'So Fine'
large slice of puff pastry
100 gram mushrooms
1 clove of garlic
3 handful of spinach
lump of vegetable butter
2 tsp vegan cream cheese (I use Violife)
salt / pepper
1 tsp homemade vegan pesto or just pesto our of a jar
Soy milk for glazing the pastry
some flour for rolling the pastry
Preheat the oven to 200°F..
- Melt the butter in a frying pan. Cut the shallot and bake on a medium heat. Squeeze the garlic and bake this with the shallot. Slice the mushrooms very fine and bake them with the shallot and the garlic on a medium heat until done. Add salt / pepper and chopped rosemary or Italian herbs. Add the spinach and let it shrink. Let the mixture cool down in the fridge.
- Cover the cold oven plate with some baking paper. Put some flour on the kitchen counter, unfold the pastry and unroll it a little bit so it will all fit in there. Put the pastry on the oven plate.
- Make a mixture with the vegan cream cheese, salt / pepper and vegan pesto.
- Put a layer of mushroom mixture on the pastry. Now put the 'fish fillets' on top of that. And on top of the fish fillets you divide the cream cheese mixture.
- Fold the pastry. (I always fold the sides first and then the top and the bottom). Turn over the package (with policy). Brush the pastry with some Soy milk and sprinkle some sea salt and pepper on it. Make some small carvings. 25 minutes in the oven until golden.
- Ps: Make this dish complete with some dill and baked potatoes!