Pumpkin Lentil Pies!
Many of you have already seen me make these British-inspired pies in my Insta stories. On a wonderful autumnal day these vegan pumpkin lentil pies are a big hit here at home!
So save it for later and fill your house with the warmest autumn scents!
Serves 3 to 4
100 grams of red lentils
200 grams of pumpkin
1 small potato (100 grams)
4 spring onions
100 gram mushrooms
2 broccoli florets (optional)
100 ml soy cream
some olive oil for baking
1 tsp cinnamon powder
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp turmeric
30 grams of flour
1 bay leaf
salt / pepper
500 ml vegetable broth (1 cube (vegan) with 500 ml water)
Preheat the oven to 200°F..
- Boil 500 ml of water. Pour into a measuring cup, add the bouillon tablet and let the tablet dissolve.
- Finely chop the vegetables. Put some olive oil in a frying pan and fry the vegetables.
- Add the herbs, lentils and the flour. Stir for a moment. Now add the vegetable broth and the soy cream and stir well.
- Let this simmer for 15 to 20 minutes over low heat with a lid on the pan. Stir occasionally to prevent baking.
- Pour everything into a baking dish or divide it, just like me, into 2 dishes (I thought this was cute).
- Roll out the puff pastry and place over the dish(es). Tuck in the dough nicely on the sides.
- Brush the dough with some soy milk and make a few notches with a knife.
- Sprinkle some extra salt and pepper on it if you like.
- About 30 minutes in the oven until the pie turns golden brown.