An English vegan breakfast stunner...
Last week I was in England. As you may already know I am a big fan of almost everything regarding this country .. the diversity of nature, history, castles, brown pubs and being vegan is very normal here! There is a vegan dish on every menu. (The Dutch can learn something from them).
Inspiration from England...
I got the inspiration for this vegan breakfast wrap in the Lake District. In a vegan place called Kat's Kitchen. A big comfort food wrap that ensures that you can concure again. Enjoy!
1 block tofu (375 grams)
1 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
½ tsp Italian herbs
1 pinch of black sea salt
olive oil for baking
6 slices of vegan bacon (Veggiedeli)
3 vegan sausages (I used the sausages from Moving Mountains)
mushrooms (250 gram), chopped
salt / pepper to taste
3 handful of fresh spinach
3 wholemeal wraps
Heat some olive oil in a frying pan. Drain the tofu and break into pieces. Add to the pan. Now add the turmeric, Italian herbs and cayenne pepper. Bake on high heat for 5 minutes. Stir well. Finally add the black sea salt. Stir a little further. Pour into a bowl and set aside.
- Put some olive oil in the same pan and fry the mushrooms over medium heat. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat some olive oil in a frying pan again. Fry the sausages and the vegan bacon over medium heat until done.
- Now prepare the 3 wraps (I always heat them for 20 seconds in the microwave at full whack so that they become a little smoother.
- Lay the width on each wrap:
- a handful of spinach
- 2 slices of vegan bacon
- some mushrooms
- 3 full tbs scrambled tofu
- 1 sausage
Roll up the wraps and enjoy!