Did you already wash your hands?
I made this mouthwatering vegan meatloaf burger for 'veganburgerday' in the Netherlands and Belgium. I love a good homemade burger as long as it don't taste dry. This spicy meatloaf burger is finger (euhm handlicking) good!
Ingredients for the burger:
For the caramelized onion
small lump of vegetable butter
3 tbs soy sauce
2 tbs Sriracha sauce
For the sauce
2 tbs soy sauce
2 tbs ketjap manis
4 tbs chili sauce
½ shallot, finely sliced
1 clove of garlic, squeezed
1 tbs 'sambal' (Dutch hot pepper sauce) or 1 tbs Sriracha sauce
½ ts chili flakes
Furthermore, very important:
- Bake the easy to make vegan meatloaf following THESE recipe!
- Cut the onion in rings and bake them in a frying pan in the butter, soy sauce and Sriracha sauce for 15 minutes on a middle heat. Don't forget to stir now and then for a moment!
- Make the sauce by mixing all the ingredients together.
- Cut open the hamburger buns and put some fresh coriander on it.
- Now put a thick slice of vegan meatloaf on top.
- Put a slice of beefsteak tomato on it.
- Next are the caramelized onions
- Finish with the sauce, some fried onions and of course the top of the bun.
Eat this vegan meatloaf burger with some veggie fries and vegan mayonaise!