A simple, healthy and tasty classic!
Vegan Lasagne Bolognese! You can go in all directions with lasagne.
I love it when it's completely stuffed with different healthy layers. In this lasagna I use a protein-rich meat substitute, extra vegetables and whole-grain lasagna sheets.
Real comfort food that you can eat without feeling guilty! Isn't it nice to have such a baking dish on the table? Also look at the recipe of my vegan moussaka if you like this kind of food!
400 grams vegan minced meat
1 clove of garlic
2 tsp (dried) Italian herbs
optional: fresh Italian herbs such as rosemary, thyme, oregano
800 grams canned tomato sauce
bag of vegan grated cheese (I used Violife)
approx 150 grams of wholemeal (vegan) lasagna noodles
optional: fresh basil for serving
- Preheat the oven to 210ºC. Cut the zucchini and the aubergine into slices of approximately 2 mm.
- Squeeze the garlic into a small bowl. Mix with 5 tbsp of olive oil and Italian herbs. Place the vegetable slices on a baking sheet and brush the slices with the dressing. Sprinkle with some salt and pepper. Grill the vegetables in the oven for about 8 minutes.
- Set the oven to 190ººC. Heat some olive oil in a frying pan. Peel and slice the onion and bake in a pan for a couple of minutes on a medium heat. Add the vegan minced meat and fry for a few minutes. Add the canned tomato sauce and simmer on low heat for about 10 minutes. Season with salt, pepper and possibly some fresh Italian herbs (rosemary, thyme, oregano).
- Cover a baking dish with a layer of minced meat sauce and then a layer with lasagna noodles. Put the courgette, aubergine on top. Repeat until the ingredients are used up. Finish with minced meat sauce and with vegan cheese.
- Bake the lasagna in the oven for about 30 minutes. Serve with some fresh basil as you like.