Dandelion, the miracle flower...
Did you know that during the hunger winter of World War II, dandelion was recommended as food? The bitter substances of the dandelion boost digestion and ensure good blood circulation. Dandelion is often in detox blends because of its cleansing effect. It helps with bile and liver diseases, purifies the blood, floats bile, aids the entire digestion and is urine-buoyant.
You can use anything from the plant. The flowers and leaves to make tea, vegan honey, a salad or wok them! Apply dandelion milk (from the stem) to pimples or warts twice a day and they will disappear like snow in the sun! Isn't it great to let nature heal you?
I made vegan honey from dandelions! Gosh what is this good!
5 handfuls of dandelions (yellow ribbon leaves) (so without a stalk. You can leave the green neck on it, but this is not necessary)
650 ml of cold water
- 750 grams of raw cane sugar
- Put the dandelions in a pan and pour the water into the pan. Bring this to a boil, remove the pan from the heat and let it rest overnight.
- The next day, pour the dandelions through a sieve into another pan. Let everything drain well and press the flowers well! (You can use the flowers on the compost heap, for example)
- Add a kilo of raw cane sugar to the pan and half the lemon into slices. Heat slowly over low heat (without lid on the pan). Stir well!
- Let the water evaporate without boiling. Keep stirring and crushing well because it burns easily. Let it cool down. If it is not thick enough to your liking, heat the vegan honey again and let it cool down again.
Nice as a gift, delicious on a sandwich, pancake, vegan yogurt or put a spoon in some hot water for delicious dandelion honey tea!