These vegan savory pies with broccoli and tofu are really delicious and a feast for the eyes. The combination of fibers in the broccoli and proteins in the tofu makes these pies very filling!
Inspiration from England
You may have seen on Instagram that I visited London last week. England is my favorite destination. I get a lot of inspiration from this country!
In London many restaurants have a pie as a vegan option. I really like puff pastry. It is my ultimate vegan comfort food! Earlier I made a savory pie with leek and vegan bacon.This time I make savory pies with broccoli and tofu.
3 small pies or 1 large pie
6 slices of puff pastry
9 cherry tomatoes
jar of black pitted olives
block tofu (drained 325 gram)
1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin seeds
2 tbs lemon juice
1 pinch of pepper
- salt to taste
2 tbs unsweetened soy milk
- 1 tsp black sea salt (optional)
- 1/3 jalapeno
grated vegan cheese
3 small spring forms or 1 large, grater
- Preheat the oven to 200º.
- Defrost the puff pastry and cover the spring form(s) with it.
- Cut the broccoli into florets and cook until al dente in a few minutes.
- Mix in a food processor or with a hand blender the tofu with the turmeric, mustard, lemon juice, pepper and soy milk.
- Divide the broccoli over the bottom of the spring form. Add 3 tomatoes per spring form, some black olives and spread the tofu mixture generously over it.
- Finish with some grated vegan cheese.
- About 30 minutes in the oven until the cakes are golden brown.