Wonderful winter warmth..
Be amazed by these vegan hand pies. Crispy on the outside and a creamy filling on the inside. These vegan hand pies will give you a wonderful winter warmth feeling! Real comfort food!
Why are these called hand pies? Very simple because you can eat them by hand! Surprise your guests during a dinner party with these surprise packages..
I like to make them in advance and bake them the next day. Easy if you get eaters!
200 grams celeriac
100 grams of carrots
3 spring onion
50 grams of courgette / zucchini
100 gram mushrooms
50 grams of plant based butter
50 gram plain flour
1 vegan vegetable stock cube in 500 ml of water
1 tsp cinnamon powder
½ tsp ginger powder
salt / pepper to taste
¼ tsp garlic powder
12 slices of puff pastry
- Cut the potatoes and the celeriac into small cubes. Boil it in water. Drain and set aside.
- Finely chop the carrots, spring onion, zucchini and mushrooms and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a pan with a thick bottom and add the flour. Stir this together and let the 'roux' cook on low heat without coloring. Stir the broth slowly into the roux and mix with a whisk. Add the cinnamon powder and the ginger powder and salt / pepper.
- Stir everything through the roux and bring to a boil again. Let this boil for15 minutes on a low heat with a lid on the pan.
- Let it cool completely!
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC / 390ºF.
Make the hand pies:
- Sprinkle the counter with some flour. Defrost the puff pastry. Put some vegan hand pie mixture on top and cover with another slice of puff pastry. Press the sides with a fork.
- Glaze with the soy milk and sprinkle with some sea salt and pepper.
- 20 minutes in the oven or until golden brown,
- Serve with, for example, mashed potatoes or this vegan carrot salad!