Vegan stuffed sweet potato, really British again!
As you may already know I really like British comfort food. You can see stuffed potatoes on almost every menu in England. My favorite potato is the sweet potato. Very healthy because it forms a kind of butterfat around your intestines if you eat them cold.
In this vegan filled sweet potato I put avocado kidney bean mash! Really a delicious healthy summer recipe..
4 large sweet potatoes
can of kidney beans (400 grams, drained weight 250 grams)
1 clove of garlic
6 cherry tomatoes
1 red pepper / paprika
chili spices, salt, pepper to taste
optional: fresh coriander
- Boil the whole sweet potatoes, in their skins, in plenty of water. Let them cook for about 15 to 25 minutes; you can occasionally test if they are done by pricking them with a fork.
- Cut the avocado open, remove the stone and spoon out the flesh. Mash the avocado in a bowl. Squeeze the garlic, cut the shallot very fine and add. Cut the cherry tomatoes and the bell pepper into small pieces and also add to the bowl.
- Rinse the kidney beans with water in a colander and add to the bowl.
- Add the juice of the lemon and season with chili spices, salt and pepper.
- Scoop the potatoes slightly and add a large dot of avocado mixture.
- Delicious with fresh coriander!