A very easy to make vegan chocolate cake
I made this vegan chocolate cake for Jane's fifth birthday. It was a really big success and not too much work! Truly chocolate heaven!
You can make a vegan chocolate cake with vegan soft cheese. Nowadays you can buy it everywhere, but I think it gives you a too savory cheese-like taste. Instead, I use silk tofu in this vegan birthday cake for the creamy, silky texture!
Ps: make sure to use coconut oil that is "deodorized" to avoid the coconut flavor.
Ingredients for the base:
pack of Oreo cookies
30 grams of vegan butter, melted
Ingredients for the filling:
1 packet of silk tofu (350 grams) (bought at Toko for example)
2 bars of Tony Chocolonely, 70% cacao
60 ml coconut oil
4 tbs icing sugar
2 tbs lemon juice
200 ml of oat milk
2 tbs cacao powder
optional: sea salt flakes, strawberries of some extra chocolate flakes
juice from ½ small orange + zest, very finely sliced
springform (20 cm deep)
Line the base and sides of a deep 20 cm spring form cake tin (see video below).
Make the base
- Roughly crush the Oreos in a food processor. Tip into a bowl, add the melted butter and mix.
- Cover the base of the prepared cake tin with the Oreo mixture, pressing to compact. Chill for at least 30 minutes in the fridge.
Make the filling:
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a heatproof bowl over a pan of gently simmering water, stirring frequently. (see video)
- While the chocolate melts, put the silken tofu, sugar, lemon juice, orange juice + zest, oat milk and cocoa powder into a food processor and whizz until completely smooth.
- Add the melted chocolate mixture to the food processor and whizz again. Pour the filling mixture on top of the Oreo base and chill for at least 3 hours.
- Once set, sprinkle with a few swa salt flakes before slicing and serving or serve with some extra chocolate flakes or strawberries to give the cake a nice color.
De vlog waarin ik deze vegan chocoladetaart maak vind je hieronder!