vegan chocolate donuts are the bomb!
These super easy to make vegan chocolate donuts are really the bomb! They are refined sugar free because I use coconut blossom sugar in this recipe. Coconut blossom sugar has a low glycemic index which means it has a low effect on blood sugar levels.
These vegan chocolate donuts are very rich and full of chocolate flavor. Baked in the oven instead of fried in fat. This also makes them a lot healthier than the shit from the supermarket! Do you take 1 or 2?
4 to 5 doughnuts
1 flaxseed egg (1 tbs flax seed mixed with 3 tbs water, leave to thicken for 10 minutes )
¾ cup of flour
¼ cup of cocoa powder
½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp baking soda
¼ cup coconut sugar
¼ tsp salt
½ cup unsweetened almond milk
3 tbs melted coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
For the outside:
50 gram pure vegan chocolate
100 ml coconut milk
Preheat the oven to 190ºC/375ºF
- Grease the donut form with some melted coconut oil
- In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients: flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, coconut sugar and salt
- In another bowl, mix the wet ingredients: almond milk, melted coconut oil and vanilla extract
- Now add the dry to the wet ingredients and mix everything well together
- Use an ice bag (distribution bag) to divide the mix over the donut form
- Bake the donuts in the oven for 10 minutes
- Let the vegan donuts cool on a cooling rack
- Melt the chocolate au bain-marie and add the coconut milk. Mix with a whisk until it gets a nice brown color
- Dip the donuts into the chocolate dip one by one and decorate with some hemp seed
- Allow a few more minutes to cool ... if you can wait!