Festive days require festive baking...
Sinterklaas came in our country againand Santa Claus is on his way!
Who doesn't look forward to a tasty traditional Dutch almond pastry or letter during these pleasant times. Make this vegan almond pastry yourself in no time!
I made it with our daughter on the weekend that Sinterklaas came. Jane had finished most of the filling before it went into the oven. There is still a piece left for the Sint and his Pieten. We put it on a plate in front of the fireplace near her shoe and a carrot for the horse of course;).
400 grams of almond paste
1 tbs lemon juice
1 tbs oat milk
1 tsp cinnamon powder
1 tsp pumpkin spices (cookie spices)
1 roll of vegan puff pastry
some unsweetened soy milk to cover the dough
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC / 390ºF.
- Cut the almond paste into cubes and mix it in a bowl together with lemon juice, oat milk, cinnamon powder and cookie spices.
- Knead everything together to an even mass.
- Put the puff pastry out and spread the almond paste in the width.
- Roll up the puff pastry. Roll the puff pastry a few times over the counter so that the dough becomes a little thinner.
- Brush with soy milk and garnish with some almonds.
- Close the sides and shape it the way you want. I made the letter S with it (From Sinterklaas).
- 30 minutes in the oven. Finish with some powdered sugar if you like.
Watch in the vlog below how we make the almond pastry!