You can hardly make faster buns!
I made these super fast whole wheat buns with garlic butter when I was still a vegetarian. Now that there is finally a vegan crème fraiche available in the supermarket, my luck can't go wrong. I think nothing beats the smell of freshly baked bread.
This recipe makes 10 small whole grain buns. Delicious with soup or mushroom ragout, but also amazing with jam, for example!
Ingredients for the buns:
400 grams of whole wheat flour
1 tsp salt
1 bag of baking powder (2 tsp)
150 ml of vegan crème fresh (Oatly! Haver Cuisine Fraiche)
150 ml lukewarm water
unsweetened soy milk (for glazing the buns)
Ingredients for the garlic butter:
50 grams of vegan baking butter on room temperature
½ tsp salt
1 clove of garlic
Make the vegan garlic butter:
n a bowl, mix the baking butter with the salt. Squeeze the garlic into the bowl. Finely chop the parsley and add. Mix everything well together.
Make the buns:
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC / 390ºF.
- In a bowl, mix the flour with the salt and baking powder.
- Add the crème fraiche and the water and knead everything into a dough.
- Divide the dough into 10 pieces and form round balls.
- Place them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Brush the buns with the unsweetened soy milk and cut the buns crosswise with a knife on the top.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
- Serve the buns straight out of the oven with the vegan garlic butter! Delicious with, for example my recipe for broccolisoup or creamy mushroomroup!