A deliciously lean vegan main course...
Everything about this recipe for stuffed peppers with vegan minced meat is good for you! Sweet pepper (especially the red version) contains a lot of vitamin C. Corn contains magnesium and eggplant contains a remarkable amount of fiber.
The chickpea lentil rice makes this dish extra nutritious by, among other things, the extra proteins.
Ps: You will probably have some left over filling but you can simply serve this separately. Yummy!
4 peppers (red or yellow)
1 clove of garlic
1 aubergine / eggplant
can of corn (200 grams)
400 grams of canned tomato cubes
400 gram of vegan minced meat (Naturli)
glass of water
salt / pepper to taste
(spicy) paprika powder
50 grams of chickpea lentil rice or just brown rice
fresh basil leaves
4 tbs olive oil
1 bay leaf
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / 390ºF.
Cut the tops off the peppers and remove the seed lists.
- Put some olive oil in a pan. Chop the onion, press the garlic and fry over medium heat. Cut the eggplant into small cubes and add to the pan. Drain and add the corn. Bake everything.
- Add the vegan mince and fry for a while.
- Pour in the tomato cubes and the water. Season with salt / pepper, Italian spices, paprika, basil and the bay leaf. Now you can also add the rice.
- Stir well. If you notice that the filling is too solid, add some more water. Let it cook for about 15 minutes with a lid on the pan and stir now and then so that the rice does not stick to the bottom. Turn off the heat. Remove the bay leaf from the pan.
- Fill the peppers with the filling. Place the peppers in a baking dish. Put the bell pepper cap on and sprinkle or rub the bell pepper with olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- The oven dish can be put in the oven for about 30 to 40 minutes. Serve this stuffed pepper with vegan minced meat with, for example, sweet potato puree or a salad! salade!