Come on here with those grapes!
This homemade grapes and apple jam came about because my brother came to me with a bag full of grapes. He has a big grape bush in the garden! How cool is that?
There were enough grapes to fill an entire barrel. He should make his own wine! I'll help by stamping with my feet. Seems so cool!
I made grapes and apple jam with it because I have no idea how to make wine. If someone has tips, these are very welcome!
Sugar free ofcourse
In the supermarket you can also easily buy jam with lots of sugar! I really don't like that and that is not healthy either.
If I make jam myself I try to make it as sugar-free as possible so that you can taste all the goodness of nature. This grape applea and jam has a delicious sour taste. Our daughter ate it straigt from the pan!
300 grams of jam
500 grams of grapes (with seeds)
200 grams apples (Elstar)
juice of 1/3 lemon
2 full tbs corn flour
2 tbs agave syrup
Pan with a thick bottom
- Remove the grapes from the bunch, cut the apples into pieces and wash everything (in a colander).
- Put the fruit in a pan with a thick bottom. Add the juice of the lemon and the agave syrup and let everything boil for about 15 minutes until the fruit is soft and falls apart.
- Dissolve the cornflour in a little cold water and put this mixture in the pan. Stir everything well.
- Cook this on high heat for about 10 minutes. (Keep stirring).
- Remove the pan from the heat. Put the fruit in a measuring cup and grind everything with a hand blender.
- Return the jam to the pan and cook for another 10 minutes over low heat.
- Pour into clean, sealable jars.